Fond of using Final Cut Pro? Well, that’s great! In case, if you’re annoyed by bad or average performance using the Final Cut Pro Application, I would insist you go through the whole article. Investing a few minutes reading the article, will help you understand how to get rid of the annoying situation, relying on one of the listed 5 Best External SSDs.
Final Cut Pro, previously known as Final Cut Pro X is one of the notable Video Editing Applications across the world. Millions of users prefer the Software to edit Videos for the best output. You may find difficulties such as system lag and slow rendering, operating the magnificent Video Editing Software. Here, the software is not at fault but the Storage Drive that exists in your System.
Well, if you think your PC has enough hardware resources to run this software but still if it’s not reaching up to the mark, your old hard disk can be the reason for this. In fact, a portable SSD is enough to make the most out of this software.
Now, the question is which Portable (External) SSD Drive is best for Final Cut Pro X? You will find a relevant answer to the stated question, in this article. Not only Final Cut Pro but, you can get benefits with any video editing software with these external SSDs.
Before I introduce the best External SSDs, I want you to understand the reasons for spending and the benefits of External SSDs.
How does an External SSD improve your Video Editing Experience?
External Solid-State Drives are mostly preferred by Independent Filmmakers, Video Hobbyists, YouTubers, Professionals Video Editors. One of the major reasons to rely on External SSD is that they are portable and smaller in size.
You can carry the External Solid-State Drive, wherever you go. Simply insert it, into your Operating System and enjoy editing videos. Also, you can use it with not only a computer but also with smartphones and tablets, etc.
Let’s discuss, the other reasons “Why to invest in External SSDs?”
Nowadays, you can find 2k, 4k, 5k, and 8k video formats. To edit such high-quality videos, you have to rely on the best video editing applications such as “Final Cut Pro”. Editing videos is not a one-take shot, it needs to be improvised again and again to get the best output. Hence, more storage is a must! External SSD will help you with efficient storage, along with its fast read/write speeds.
In case, if you’re intending to be a Professional Video Editor then Portable SSD is a must. You will have to manage multiple clients, edit their videos as per their needs. Here, more storage is a must, you can’t rely on System Storage.
I should not tell you the benefits because you might be aware of them if you are here. So, without any further delays, let’s know about the products.
Also Read: Top 6 Best SSDs for Video Editing
5 Best External SSD to make the most out of Final Cut Pro X
Make sure you go through each of the stated Portable (External) SSDs so that you can recognize the favorable one for you. Also, make sure to install your video editing software in SSD for the best results.
1. Crucial X6 | External SSD (Best Value For Money)
Crucial X6 External SSD is one among the best affordable portable Solid Stated Drive. You can store data without any hesitation, the SSD won’t corrupt your files even if you unknowingly drop it. Effective Read & Write speed will help you to enjoy multitasking, without any system lag. It is smaller in size and lighter in weight hence, adjustable SSD in a pocket.
It’s quite simple to connect with and easy to use. Just use a compatible USB cable to connect the Crucial X6 External SSD to your Operating System, that’s it! Access your files, launch apps, play games, edit videos without any hassle.
The external SSD is Shock, Vibration & Temperature Resistant which is one of the best advantages, at this price. Moreover, you can have quick backups relying on compatible tools such as Windows Backup, Apple Time Machine, and so on.
Specifications of Crucial X6 SSD
- Dimensions are 2.72 x 0.43 x 2.52 inches
- Portable SSD Weight is 1.38 ounces
- Compatible SSD with Windows, Linux, Mac, Android OS
The Crucial X6 External SSD is available with different capacity storage (500GB, 1TB, 2TB, 4TB)
I recommend a minimum of 1TB for better results for both storage and performance.
Features of Crucial X6 SSD
- Read Speed is up-to 950MB/s
- Write Speed is up-to 920MB/s
- Lightweight & Portable Design
- Shock, Vibration & Temperature Resistant
- Drop Proof External Solid-State Drive
Crucial X6 Portable SSD comes with 3 Years of Warranty.
2. SAMSUNG T7 | External SSD (A Premium option)
Samsung T7 External SSD is manufactured by one of the notable brands across the globe “Samsung”. You can rely on the Samsung T7 portable SSD to enjoy all the important features of a good external SSD. The price of this External SSD is affordable comparing to durability and quality features. You can gain better functional speed, which is 9.5x faster than a normal HDD.
Terrific read/write speed will help you import/export data with turbo speed. Multitasking won’t be an issue in Final Cut Pro X. Make use of the Samsung T7 password feature, to store your sensitive data. It is a Shock Resistant External Solid-State Drive, which makes it good for rough uses. Samsung T7 includes advanced heat control technology, which helps the External SSD to stay away from overheating.
Moreover, you can check for new firmware updates using Samsung portable SSD Software.
Specifications of Samsung T7 SSD
- External SSD dimension is 3.3 x 2.2 x 0.3 inches
- Portable SSD Weight is 2.08 ounces
- Compatible SSD with Windows, Android, Mac OS
The Samsung T7 External SSD is available with different capacity storage (500GB, 1TB, 2TB)
I recommend a minimum of 1TB for better system performance and fast storage.
Features of Samsung T7 SSD
- Read Speed is up to 1,050 MB/s
- Write Speed is up to 1,000 MB/s
- Lightweight, pocket-sized portable SSD
- Samsung T7 External SSD is Shock Resistant
- Built-in with Dynamic Thermal Guard
- Includes Password security feature
Samsung T7 Portable SSD comes with a 3 Years of Warranty.
3. Seagate STJM1000400 | External SSD (1TB)
Seagate STJM1000400 is also one of the best reliable choices in the “External SSD” category. At this price, the brand provides you with 3 years of warranty which is a great advantage. Good storage capacity and password security, allow users to save their valuable data.
It is 5x faster compared to a normal HDD, good Read/Write Speed lets you perform activities, quickly. Similar to other external Solid-State Drive, it is Shock resistant. Moreover, Seagate STJM1000400 SSD includes a green led accent light, which alerts users when it’s in use.
Specifications of Seagate STJM1000400 SSD
- External SSD dimension is 0.36 x 3.11 x 3.68 inches
- Portable SSD Weight is 6.7 ounces
- Compatible SSD with Windows, Mac OS
The Seagate STJM1000400 External SSD is available with different storage capacities (500GB, 1TB, 2TB)
I recommend a minimum of 1TB storage space so that you can save your files and install software on your external drive for the best results.
Features of Seagate STJM1000400 SSD
- Read Speed is up to 540 MB/s
- Write Speed is up to 540 MB/s
- Lighter in weight, easily portable SSD
- The Green Led Light indicator helps you know when it’s in use.
- The External SSD is Shock Resistant
- It Includes a Password security feature
Seagate STJM1000400 comes with a 3 Years of Warranty.
4. SanDisk Extreme Pro | External SSD (1TB)
SanDisk SDSSDE81-1T00-G25 is one of the most effective and durable external SSDs available on market. It includes tremendous R/W speed which lets users enjoy their activities, smoothly. Within a fraction of time, you can launch notable apps such as Final Cut Pro X in your Operating System. Some professional Video editors, filmmakers prefer the Portable (external) SSD for quick editing and storing data.
The best advantage of the external Solid-State Drive is “Dust & Water Resistant” Moreover, it includes a password security feature, which allows users to add a security pin or password to their files. A small-sized SSD with a carabiner loop makes it more impressive.
Specifications of SanDisk SDSSDE81-1T00-G25 SSD
- External SSD dimension is 0.41 x 2.28 x 4.36 inches
- Portable SSD Weight is 2.72 ounces
- Compatible SSD with Windows, Mac OS
The SanDisk SDSSDE81-1T00-G25 External SSD is available with different capacity storage (500GB, 1TB, 2TB)
Features of SanDisk SDSSDE81-1T00-G25 SSD
- Read Speed is up to 2,000 MB/s
- Write Speed is up to 2,000 MB/s
- Light in weight includes carabiner loop
- The External SSD is Dust & Water Resistant
- Secure your data with a Password security feature
- Long Durable External Solid-State Drive
SanDisk SDSSDE81-1T00-G25 comes with a 5 Years of Warranty.
5. G-Technology 0G06053-1 | External SSD (1TB)
G-Technology 0G06053-1 SSD is one of the best SSDs with quality features. It is a shock & vibration-resistant, water-resistant, crush-proof, Drop proof external Solid-State drive. In Short, the G-Technology 0G06053-1 SSD keeps your data safe in all unfortunate scenarios.
The External SSD is built-in with a protective aluminum core which helps the SSD to prevent overheating. Good Read/Write allows users access to multitasking, without any hassle. You can rely on the G-Technology 0G06053-1 portable SSD, for quick video editing, gaming purposes. The lifespan of the Solid-State Drive is durable. Moreover, you get 5 years warranty period for the External SSD. In short, it’s like a win-win situation.
The SSD is working on the SATA protocol. So, you will be able to get around 550MB/s read/write speed with this product.
Specification of G-Technology 0G06053-1 SSD
- External SSD dimension is 3.74 x 1.97 x 0.57 inches
- Portable SSD Weight is 3.03 ounces
- Compatible SSD with Windows, Mac OS
The G-Technology 0G06053-1 External SSD is available with different capacity storage (500GB, 1TB, 2TB)
Features of G-Technology 0G06053-1 SSD
- Read Speed is up to 560 MB/s
- Write Speed is up to 560 MB/s
- Easily Portable Solid-State Drive
- Water & Dust Resistant External SSD
- It is Shock & Vibration Resistant
- Reliable External SSD “Drop Proof, Crush proof”
G-Technology 0G06053-1 comes with a 5 Years of Warranty.
What are the Benefits of External SSD?
Investing in a portable SSD is a good choice, you can acquire a list of advantages. You can experience better and fast System Performance.
Let’s look at the benefits of External SSD.
- Impressive Read and Write Speed
- Import/Export huge files with magnificent speed
- Capable to store more data (Good storage)
- Easily portable due to smaller size
- Connect External SSD to OS using the USB cable
- Stored data stay safe and secure
- Quick launch and fast boot-up huge files, Apps
- Enjoy Multitasking, gaming, editing without System Lag
- External SSDs have a Long durability
- Drop & crush Proof storage devices available
- Use with smartphones and tablets
Moreover, you can make use of the External SSD to not only install software but the entire OS as well.
I am glad to introduce the 5 Best External SSDs and their features, in this article. Make sure you go through each of them so that you can choose the favorable one for your operating system. Using one of the stated Portable (External) SSD you can enjoy multitasking, gaming, and video editing, without any System Lag.